Themes, schmemes! In this “news n’ reviews” episode, we’re delivering an hour-long grab bag of historical curios, grotesqueries, and dubious culinary delights....
- Thrill to the sound of 90 year-old Confederate veterans sounding the old rebel yell.
- Get a case of positional vertigo from tracing the zig-zagging family tree of those ever-handsome Royal Habsburgs!
- Let your mouth water at the idea of eating medieval butter dug up from bogs.
- Cry into your beer glass to the haunting melody of an ancient Greek lament.
- Nod in silent approval of the early reviews of Bleak House by Charles Dickens (aka, Ed’s mortal enemy).
All this, plus commentary from Tim on how fears of rising China might just be a 1990s throwback, in Episode 3: In-Bred and Bog-Buttered.
THIS EPISODE'S RECOMMENDATIONS
Support the show! Follow the links to buy on Amazon!